Sorcerers Path - The Forest Sorcerers Path - The Forest

This creates such a nice, airy, mysterious atmosphere. That flute is great. The melodies bounce from mysterious to playful. I wish I was listening on better monitors, but the fact that it sounds great coming through built in computer speakers is great. Nice work!

SoundChris responds:

Thanks a lot for your kindness good sir!

You Are Not Prepared You Are Not Prepared

Hello fellow EastWester! =)

There are a lot of very nice melodic lines in this piece. One thing that I think you could really benefit from is automating the volumes (or expression controllers) of the instruments to add more dynamics. For example, in the very beginning with the low strings, they can crescendo through the phrase to add movement instead of staying on the one volume.

One thing I was also thinking is that I'd like to hear it with a slightly faster tempo.

I really like the melodic lines in this song. The horn rips at the end also sound really badass.

Great stuff, keep it up!

Flodwrana responds:

Hi, thank you!
One thing that will be pretty obvious to EW users is that I don't know much about the software. I'm unfamiliar with how to automate Play's parameters from Ableton. I would love any tutorials or resources you recommend! Thanks for the great feedback.

Vestige Vestige

I like it, although at some points it sounds a little too "busy", such as in the beginning. I think the issue lies in the all of the instruments are the same volume, and nothing is really taking the lead. The second part at around :26 is a lot less cluttered, but I still feel like the main melody can be louder so it takes the lead.

Other than those volume things, I like the pace and the flow. Nice work.

Lethal-Input responds:

Yeah I was struggling a bit to get that at the right volume. On earphones it'd sound fine, but on my car speakers it sound to quie. Then I'd adjust it and it's sound fine on speakers, but too loud on earphones. IIFOund a good middle ground though..... After I had already published this =p lol

A Sign Of Things To Come A Sign Of Things To Come

A little late but...

This is a really, really beautiful piece. It stirs up mixed emotions in me; not necessarily sadness. Maybe some sort of sympathy or longing... very good job on this. 5/5, and fav'd a few months ago.

[Bnz] Watermelon [Bnz] Watermelon

Cool

I like 2:22 into that next phrase a lot haha. It sounds really happy and fun X) I think that part should be incorporated more in the song, but that's just me.

Crowds Crowds

Very cool.

I had already added "Breathe With Me" to my ambient playlist, and this will make a nice addition. Nice job.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Awesome! The two seem to go very well together thanks!

When we're together (WIP) When we're together (WIP)

The right things in the right amounts

This seems like it has the right mixture of things to keep it driving, and not too much too take away from the calmness of the piano. Really good imo.

- Single Step - - Single Step -

Nice

Beautiful, calm and soothing. It made me think of someone revisiting a place they used to go a lot as a child and looking at the things they used to be surrounded by every day. Not in a sad way, at all. It sounds wonderful =)

silencefreedom responds:

Things just came to my mind, I put myself in the position that the song gonna tell about then feel it. That's how I compose music by getting the emotion down to music.

{Hidden Path} {Hidden Path}

Awesome

Awesome job, I like it a lot. =) Has a really nice feel to it

Cold and Short Cold and Short

Cool

Yes, definitely feels warm. More soothing and calm feeling. I also agree with Jebus below me about that reversed sound part. Some parts remind me of Peggle lol.

Constructive criticism woo! One bit I think could use improvement is the repetition of the melody at 0:12 on. Like, the last four bars of it could have a little variation or something different accompanying it.

It flows really nicely besides that bit, I didn't even realize it looped (which is a good thing). Nice work =)

SSJDre responds:

Thanks, that seems to be a theme with most of my tracks, repetition, not something that I'm having much success with breaking. I'll eventually get there. Thank you for the feedback though, it has been helpful. But all of the songs on newgrounds pretty much loop anyway, doesn't matter if it's a song or a loop, the repeat button is automatically on.